Do you have a Facebook account?
Do you often express what you feel on Facebook?
Do you write everything about yourself on the information box on Facebook?
not just about yourself, but about your beloved family and friends too?
Do you or your friends often upload photos on Facebook and make it visible to the public to see?
Do you have friends that you don't even know on your Facebook account?
If you say yes to this questions,then it is really dangerous.
I notice that a lot of my friends on facebook don't even set their facebook setting to private.
They just make it all public.
This means that every stranger that come to their profile will be able to stalk them freely,
copy and take photos of them without their consent.
A stranger could be anybody.
If it is just a stalker that just like to see what you are doing,it is literally ok.
but if the stranger is a rapist or a psycho serial killer.
wouldn't you be afraid?
There are even people that just copy the photos
that are put up online to use it as their own advertisement posters.
I found a video on YouTube yesterday.
and I figure that I should share it with you.
Please take your time to watch the video.
"also collects information about you from other sources,such as newspapers and instant messaging services.This information is gathered regardless of your use of the web site."Terms of services state on Facebook :
"By posting Member Content to any part of the Web site,you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Facebook an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, perform, display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such information and content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing."
See..Facebook is not safe to use.
but if you really insist on using it,please be very careful on what you share online.
I found an article on Facebook the other day.
A lot of people were sharing it.
but I guess that no one really look at it seriously.
The quotation text below is the actual text.
( Khusus utk mereka yang gemar berkongsi maklumat di FB dan online )
Alhamdullilah, semalam dapat duduk sebilik dengan seorang aktivis keselamatan Capt. Bala Supramaniam. Kalau anda pernah tgk video-video kekejaman di Palestine dan Syria, jgn ingat anda jauh dari kekejaman seperti itu.
Nauzubillah min zalik, ianya berlaku didalam negara kita sendiri, mungkin tidak jauh dari tempat anda tinggal.
Kami ditayangkan dengan gambar-gambar kejadian rogol, bunuh dan buang oleh ramai mangsa yang anda tak akan dapat lihat didalam Metro atau KOSMO.
Yang menyayat hati banyak mangsa-mangsa adalah kanak-kanak, ada yang besar2 anak saya sendiri. Tenunglah anak perempuan anda sekarang, bayangkan dada mereka ditoreh, pungung dikerjakan, disumbat mulut dengan kertas, beras, kemaluan disumbat dengan benda-benda. Ni bukan rekaan tuan-tuan dan puan-puan. Saya tengok gambar tu dengan mata saya sendiri.
Yang lebih menyedihkan 80% mereka yang ditangkap terlepas, kerana tidak cukup bukti untuk didakwa dan ditahan didalam penjara.
Jadi awas tuan-tuan dan puan-puan, dikalangan kita ada perogol, pedophiles, pembunuh bersiri yang bebas mencari peluang utk bertindak.
Dan mereka ni bukan orang kurang siuman. Semuanya bijak belaka. Mereka mengunakan kaedah seperti PHISING dan reverse phsycology utk mendapatkan maklumat peribadi kita.
Jadi anda boleh membuat perbezaan. Saya nak sarankan beberapa perkara mudah di FB yang InsyaAllah boleh menyelamatkan nyawa anda dan keluarga anda.
1. REMOVE semua maklumat berkenaan suami, isteri, anak, ibu, bapa, pakcik yang kita publish di Facebook. Tak perlu unfriend mereka, hanya tukar relationship sahaja.
2.JANGAN post gambar anda, anak-anak, keluarga dan sahabat handai. Jika perlu tetapkan setting SECURITY pada kiriminan. Tentukan org-org yg hanya boleh melihat gambar tersebut.
3. Aktifkan option untuk review TAG. Ada didalam ruangan Setting. Pilihan ini akan meminta anda utk approve gambar, post yang anda telah di tag.
Jadi ini akan memberikan anda ruang untuk menilai kiriman tersebut samanda ianya akan mengamcam keselamatan
4. JANGAN lah nak bersayang-sayang, aniversary di FB. Buat offline sahajalah.Tindakan seperti ini akan memberitahu siapa orang kesayangan anda dan boleh jadi target
5. HENTIKAN post yang boleh menunjukan anda bersendiri. Sperti "Boringnya, sorang-sorang kat rumah" atau "I nak tido kejap"
6. MATIKAN fungi geo-location pada pengguna Android atau iPhone. Fungsi ini boleh mndedahkan lokasi anda.
7. Review friendlist adan dngan kerap. Ingat 80% penjenayah ni masih terlepas.
8. REMOVE no telefon dari FB. Kerana penguna Android boleh nampak no telefon anda
9. Gambo profile letak lah yang sopan santun
10. REVIEW semula album FB anda. Mana gambar yg tak patutu delete sahaja !
* Nampak paranoid, tapi kalau korang tgk sendiri baru korang tau. Jangan salahkan pihak berkuasa. Kita sendiri yg expose maklumat peribadi.
sumber: Khairul Amree
I am a Malaysian,so we use Bahasa Melayu.
but I notice that there were a lot of visitor to this blog that come from other countries,
so I will try to summarize and translate what the above text is about.
and since I did some research about this topic online,
I will add useful information that are not included in the text above.
There are many cases that have been reported lately.
Killers and rapist are everywhere even in a small country like Malaysia.
In this small country alone,from the year 2003 until 2011,there were about 24,635 rape cases that have been reported.and a lot of these criminals are using methods like phishing and reverse psychology
to retrieve information from their victims.
According to the Wikipedia,
Phishing is attempting to acquire information (and sometimes, indirectly, money) such as usernames, passwords, and credit card details by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication.
Reverse psychology is a technique involving the advocacy of a belief or behavior that is opposite to the one desired, with the expectation that this approach will encourage the subject of the persuasion to do what actually is desired: the opposite of what is suggested.
So it is advisable to do the steps below
or at least the things that you could do to protect yourself, family, and friends.
1) Remove all the relationship status involving your own husband, wife, children, parents, and other relatives that we publish on Facebook. You don't need to unfriend them, just change the relationship status.
2) Don't post pictures of you, your children, and your friends on Facebook. If you have to,change the security setting into private and make sure that only certain people are able to see them.
3) Active the option for reviewing tag.This enable you to see and approve first before you allow the picture or post that are tagged to be shown on your profile.This will give you the power to control on whether the post tagged could actually do harm to you.
4) Don't put up your anniversary date on Facebook and don't let others know your love ones because they could be easily targeted.
5) Stop update status that would allow people to know that you are alone. For Instance, "I am going to sleep for awhile." and "I'm so bored alone at home right now."
6) Unable the geolocation function especially when you use iPhone or Android. Because this function can enable people to know where you are.
7) Review your friends list on Facebook often. Remember that 80% of the criminals are still have not been caught yet.
8) Remove your telephone or contact numbers on Facebook. and for Android user, please be extra careful because using Android actually can make your contact numbers visible to others. So please check your profile.
9) Put a decent photo as a profile picture so that it wouldn't offend people and so that it wouldn't invite strangers to do strange things to you.
10) Review all the album and photos that you have uploaded on Facebook. Please remove any photos that are not appropriate or doesn't give any benefits to you at all. Because people would just use them randomly. If you really love the pictures and don't want to delete them, just change the album privacy setting.
This is the end of this post.
Thank you for reading it.
I hope it will wake a lot of people up that it is very dangerous to expose yourself fully online.
because it invite unwanted people.
especially people that are not even scared of the law.
Please share if you care.